Concrete Scan Radar Technology
Abaxa’s 3D Concrete Scan Radar is the reliable, cost effective choice to support damage prevention and safety first on your project
You can prevent damages and avoid unnecessary costs with Abaxa’s 3D Conrete Structure Scan
The assessment of concrete structures is becoming increasingly important. There is an emerging requirement that structures (including concrete), be cleared before any cutting, drilling or coring operation is to commence.
Structure Scanning efficiently reveals obstacles embedded in the concrete, as well as locate utilities, without interrupting the day-to-day operation of your business.
The cost associated with repairing damaged, embedded, post-tension cables, utility conduits and structural reinforcing steel, makes our locating services an important part of your construction project.
You can ensure ‘Safety is First’ with Abaxa’s Non Destructive Optical Structure Scanning
Abaxa provides non-destructive inspection and evaluation of concrete structures using 3D Optical Structure Scan Radar Technology. This technology is used to quickly, easily and safely locate embedded metallic and non metallic targets within concrete structures prior to drilling, cutting or coring.
In addition, Structure Scanning is used in evaluating concrete structures to assess the condition of the reinforced steel, to verify the centre to centre spacing, and the depth from the surface and/or the bottom of the slab.
This advanced 3D Scanning Technology, allows us to locate and identify hidden features that could cause a safety risk to drilling, cutting or coring workers, damage to machinery, or the structure itself during these activities.
You can save project dollars with Abaxa’s fast, accurate, 3D Technology, with ‘real time results’ on site
The structure scan, with 1600Mhz antennae collects data on site and simplifies what has often been a complicated process. Our Structure Scans present data clearly for real-time and in-the-box data acquisition, display and analysis. It’s a reliable, quicker, safer and more cost effective option than other competing concrete scanning systems or traditional testing methods. We can even locate targets in real time, when only single sided access is available.
Potential applications for ‘Optical Structure Scan Radar Technology’ on your projects
- Locate safe areas to drill, cut or demolish
- Establish location and depth of ‘steel reinforcement’
- Establish location and depth of ‘post tension cables’
- Locate and measure depth of embedded metallic or plastic conduits in concrete slabs, walls or structural members
- Determine concrete slab thickness
- Locate metallic and non-metallic targets in walls and floors
- Structure inspection – bridges, monuments, walls, towers, tunnels, balconies, garages and decks
- Condition assessment – map relative concrete condition for rehabilitation planning
- Ceiling inspection
- Identify defects or damage inside concrete (voids, fractures)