Opportunity for individuals from civil industry experience to train and learn skills to advance to become an Utility Service Locator.
Abaxa is WA’s largest utility location company, first in WA with over 30 years of proven industry expertise “Protecting People and Infrastructure”, best at providing risk assessment solutions to prevent downtime, delays and damages to infrastructure.
Abaxa is a great place to work, Our Team come first, we respect each other and as a team provide a multi layered network of support, to help you solve problems and perform your best work for our team and deliver services to our Tier 1 clients.
We currently have opportunities for individuals that are looking for an Entry Level role to develop the skills and train to become a Service Locator
Our Service Locators use electromagnetic equipment to accurately locate underground facilities including, but not limited to, communication, power, gas, fiber optic, water and sewer lines.
Entry level technicians will commence learning identification of services working with an experienced service locator, using hand tools, power tools and plant including non-destructive vacuum excavation techniques before progressing to learning utility locating.
- Entry level candidates will be able to:
- Work safely, perform hazard analysis daily
- Conduct general labouring activities, verifying and potholing utilities
- Current and valid driver’s licence C Essential – MR Beneficial
- Be confident in the operation of hand & power tools, plant and equipment working in and around utilities and on active construction sites.
- Have experience in the civil industry, working in and around underground utilities, (Eg Driller Offsider or Leading Hand)
We are looking for candidates who see this as a career and are dedicated to 12 – 18 months on job training and learning (depending on previous experience), a safe driving record, enjoy working outdoors, and operating closely with one to two others in a small team or at times independently.
Apprenticeship opportunity available in Civil Construction, during training.
Job Criteria – skills that will be developed to be a Service Locator;
- Experience in locating utilities and working “hands on” with the physical elements of the job
- DBYD Certified Locator
- Ability to locate and mark up to a high standard that is suitable for survey pickup
- Proven ability to locate all verifiable utilities and document non verified assets in a heavily congested area such as the CBD or internal sites such as Schools, WWTP & Western Power Substations.
- Draw clear and informative plans that fully inform the client of their responsibilities and potential issues that they may encounter.
- Ability to self-manage on the job to client specifications.
- Dedication to safety and quality of work at a high standard