The assessment of concrete structures is increasingly important because there’s an emerging requirement that structures (including concrete), be cleared before any cutting, drilling or coring operation commences.
3D structure scanning efficiently and effectively reveals obstacles embedded in concrete. It also locates utilities without interrupting any of the day-to-day operations of your business.
The cost associated with repairing damaged, embedded post-tension cables, utility conduits, and structural reinforcing steel makes our locating services a vital element in your construction process.
How 3D Concrete Scanning Radar (CSR) works
Using 3D optical structure scan radar technology, Abaxa offers non-destructive inspection and evaluation of concrete structures.
This technology quickly, easily, and safely locates embedded metallic (and non-metallic) targets within concrete structures before drilling, cutting or coring.
Also, structure scanning is used in evaluating concrete structures to assess the condition of the reinforced steel, to verify the centre-to-centre spacing, as well as the depth from both the surface and the bottom of the slab.
Strongly reduces strike risk
This advanced 3D scanning technology allows us to locate and identify hidden features that could cause safety risks to drilling, cutting, or coring workers, damage to machinery, or the structure itself during these activities.
A clear safety-first solution
You can ensure safety IS first with Abaxa’s non-destructive optical concrete structure scanning.
- Locates safe areas to drill, cut or demolish
- Establishes the location and depth of ‘steel reinforcement’
- Establishes the location and depth of ‘post-tension cables’
- Locates and measures the depth of embedded metallic or plastic conduits in concrete slabs, walls or structural members
- Determines concrete slab thickness
- Locates metallic and non-metallic targets in walls and floors
- Facilitates structure inspection for bridges, monuments, walls, towers, tunnels, balconies, garages and decks
- Assess the condition of the structure, allowing you to map relative concrete condition for rehabilitation planning
- Facilitates ceiling inspection
- Identifies defects or damage inside concrete (voids, fractures)
Efficient and Cost-Effective
The structure scan, with 1600Mhz antennae, collects data on-site and simplifies what has often been a complicated process.
Our structure scans present data clearly for real-time and in-the-box data acquisition, display and analysis.
It’s a reliable, faster, safer and more cost-effective option than other competing concrete scanning systems or traditional testing methods.
We can even locate targets in real-time when only single-sided access is available.
Why Choose Abaxa?
Our technology is world class, as is our service quality and reliability. We care as much as you do that your project keeps moving, stay on time, on budget and with a thorough risk assessment to manage your Duty of Care at all times.
To confirm your choice to go ahead with our Utility Survey services or schedule a project discovery meeting, simply contact us at 1300 369 642.
You can trust Abaxa to be there on time and reduce asset risk on your project.
We might have to get a little more scanned on some sites due to scope changes , if this is the case I would definitely be requesting your team to come and do these for us , I will let you know if/when that will be in the coming weeks.
Thanks again , make sure you give your team a pat on the back from all of us here