The True Cost of Damage Prevention
The true cost savings in preventing damages can only be understood by determining the costs required to complete your project then considering the potential to lose much more.
Personal and work-related injuries have been known to result in fatalities and major financial hardships. In addition project down times have been known to destroy any hopes for a “profit” when catastrophic utility damages are encountered.
Subsurface Utility Engineering Reduces Unnecessary Project Costs and Manages Risk Proactively
You can eliminate avoidable costs, time delays and project delays by utilising Subsurface Utility Engineering service technology. The practice delivers the exact location of virtually all utilities and allows utilities to be accurately shown on all construction sites.
See Abaxa’s Subsurface Engineering Support Service for more information on how Abaxa can provide designation, location and data management with survey to AS5488 for our Engineering Clients to conduct conflict analysis.
Manage Your Risk
Along with making “Safety” a number one priority with you and your company, managing your “Risk” with underground utilities plays a significant role. Repair costs for Optic Fibre Damages have been known to exceed the $1 million range; not including all total downtime claims associated.
One natural gas explosion can kill many people, not just those working near the pipes. Managing your Risk on your projects saves you time, money, and the potential for devastating circumstances.
- Dial Before You Dig – Australia
- NUCLA – Australia
- NUCLA – USA
- Utility Providers Code of Practice Western Australia (pdf)
- Best Practice Guide for Locating Underground Services
- State Regulations and Information
- APA Gas – APA Corridors – Before You Dig
- ATCO Gas – Working Around Gas
- Water Corporation – Locating Our Assets
- Western Power – Working Around the Network
- Telstra – Find our Cables
- Public Transport Authority Assets
- Main Roads WA Assets
- Trenchless Technology
- Civil Contractors Federation
- Worksafe – WA
- Energy Safety
- CGA – Common Ground Alliance
- Underground Focus Magazine
- Utility Providers Code of Practice for WA (PDF)