Abaxa is your safe option for locating communications, power, gas, sewer and water utilities prior to excavation.
As an accredited locator for the top major utility companies in WA, Abaxa applies its vast expertise, along with best practices and the latest technology, to pinpoint the exact proximity of cables, pipes and utility services to your project.
Utility types include:
- Electric traffic signals (mains & domestic)
- Communications, cable, fibre optic
- Gas (incl high pressure gas), oil steam, petroleum
- Water (mains & domestic)
- Stormwater, council drains
- Sanitary sewer
- Reclaimed water, irrigation
Our proprietary ‘3 Degrees’ Safety System safeguards every project we’re tasked with from delays, utility damage, incidence of injury and untold expense.
Make utility locating part of your safety-first plan
An excavation of any scale has the potential to damage assets located around the site. A strike could spell service interruptions, delays to your project, costly repairs and, in a worst-case scenario, injury or death (accompanied by lawsuits).
However, if you plan your project safety with Abaxa’s systemised and extremely accurate utility location services, you avoid this risk and can proceed with absolute peace of mind.
When you choose Abaxa, you ensure a complete assessment and accurate marking of the utilities on your construction site.
How we work to ensure safety:
- Firstly, Abaxa has a ‘one point of contact’ policy, meaning you’ll be well looked after and can feel confident with the process.
- You’ll have a single damage prevention technician assigned to your site with the required utility industry experience and accreditation. This approach ensures the accuracy of your project’s utility markings and communication.
- Abaxa’s highly trained, experienced (and accredited) technicians arrive on-site, assess all variables and proactively resolve issues to ensure damage prevention. Our technicians know exactly how to identify and locate a vast array of buried utilities.
- This level of utility detection includes assessment of utility reference plans, which can be inaccurate and incomplete, congested easements, untraceable utilities, deteriorated tracer lines and deep utilities.
- If problems occur, you’ll be able to contact your Abaxa assigned technician rather than trying to connect with various utility companies, wasting time and money.
Our experienced, systematic approach to utility locating with a risk assessment on each site, ensures a reduced level of risk for potential damage, downtime and injuries.
Use utility locating to reduce project costs
Abaxa provides complete location on all utilities with unparalleled experience and utility approval.
Utility materials we’re able to locate include:
- Copper Wires
- Aluminium Wires
- Fibre Optic Cable
- Steel Pipes
- Ductile Iron Pipes
- Cast Iron Pipes
- Concrete Pipes
- Reinforced Concrete Pipes
- Clay / Terracotta Pipes
- Polyethylene Pipes (PE)
- Polyvinyl Chloride Pipes (PVC)
- Cross-linked Polyethylene Pipes (PEX)
There’s a reason Abaxa is the preferred locator for all the major utilities in Western Australia; our ability to locate all underground services means you can benefit from greatly reduced project costs.
Choose fast, accurate utility location and eliminate wasted time, money and red tape from downtime, delays and damages when utilities are missed and not located.
Manage risk when locating underground utilities
It is important to Abaxa that our clients understand the location service they have requested and follow the Utility Providers Code of Practice for WA, Duty of Care and Prevention of Damage to Services.
In addition to the Utility Provider Duty of Care requirements to protect underground utilities. All necessary action must be taken to follow these duty of care practices which will assist in damage prevention and greatly reduce unnecessary costs and project delays.
You can tailor Abaxa’s service to fit any of your project needs with our proprietary ‘3 Degrees’ Safety System for utility location.
You will have peace of mind knowing that Abaxa is working to your chosen level of service and risk avoidance. Each level of service within the Abaxa ‘3 Degrees’ Safety System for utility location has an associated level of utility risk.
At location service completion, your risk and resultant duty of care requirements are made transparent, which enables you to plan the next stage of your project.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that Abaxa is working to your chosen level of service and risk avoidance.
Why Choose Abaxa?
Our technology is world class, as is our service quality and reliability. We care as much as you do that your project keeps moving, stay on time, on budget and with a thorough risk assessment to manage your Duty of Care at all times.
To confirm your choice to go ahead with our Utility Survey services or schedule a project discovery meeting, simply contact us at 1300 369 642.
You can trust Abaxa to be there on time and reduce asset risk on your project.
We might have to get a little more scanned on some sites due to scope changes , if this is the case I would definitely be requesting your team to come and do these for us , I will let you know if/when that will be in the coming weeks.
Thanks again , make sure you give your team a pat on the back from all of us here