Your safe option for locating communications, power, gas, sewer and water utilities prior to excavation
As an accredited locator for the top major utility companies in WA, Abaxa applies its vast expertise along with best practice and the latest technology to pinpoint the exact proximity of cables, pipes and utility services to your project.
Utility service types include:
- Electric (Mains & Domestic) Traffic Signals
- Communications, cable, fibre optic
- Gas, (incl High Pressure Gas) oil steam, petroleum
- Water (Mains & Domestic)
- Storm water , Council drains
- Sanitary Sewer
- Reclaimed water, irrigation
Our proprietary ‘3 Degrees’ Safety System safeguards every project we’re tasked with from delays, utility damage, incidence of injury, and untold expense.
Plan for safety first
An excavation of any scale has the potential to damage assets located around the site. A strike could spell service interruptions, delays to your project, costly repairs and – in a worst-case scenario – injury or death (accompanied by lawsuits).
However, if you plan your project safety with Abaxa’s systemised (and extremely accurate) utility location services, you avoid this risk and can proceed with absolute peace of mind.
When you choose Abaxa you ensure a complete assessment and accurate marking of the utilities on your construction site.
How we work to ensure safety:
- Firstly, Abaxa has a ‘one point of contact’ policy, meaning you’ll be well looked after and can feel confident with the process.
- You’ll have a single damage prevention technician assigned to your site with the required utility industry experience and accreditation. This approach ensures the accuracy of your project’s utility markings and communication.
- Abaxa’s highly trained, experienced (and accredited) technicians arrive on-site, assess all variables and proactively resolve issues to ensure damage prevention. Our technicians know exactly how to identify and locate a vast array of buried utilities.
- The level of utility detection includes poor utility prints, congested easements, untraceable utilities, deteriorated tracer lines, and deep utilities.
- If problems occur, you’ll be able to contact your Abaxa assigned technician rather than trying to connect with various utility companies, wasting time and money.
Our experienced, personalised approach translates to a reduced level of risk for potential damage, downtime, and injuries.
Control project costs
Abaxa provides complete location on all utilities with unparalleled experience and utility approval.
Utility materials we’re able to locate include:
- Copper Wires
- Aluminium Wires
- Fibre Optic Cable
- Steel Pipes
- Ductile Iron Pipes
- Cast Iron Pipes
- Concrete Pipes
- Reinforced Concrete Pipes
- Clay / Terracotta Pipes
- Polyethylene (PE) Pipes
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Pipes
- Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Pipes
There’s a reason Abaxa is the preferred supplier of services location for all the major utilities in Western Australia; our ability to locate all underground services means you can benefit from greatly reduced project costs.
Choose fast, accurate utility service location and eliminate wasted time, money and red tape.
You can tailor Abaxa’s service to fit any of your project needs with our proprietary ‘3 Degrees’ Safety System for utility location.
Upon service location completion, your risk and resultant duty of care requirements are made clear, so you can safely plan the next stage of your project.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that Abaxa is working to your chosen level of service and risk avoidance.
You can tailor Abaxa’s service to fit any of your project needs with our proprietary ‘3 Degrees’ Safety System for Utility Location. At location service completion, your risk and resultant duty of care requirements are made transparent, which enables you to plan the next stage of your project.
Why Choose Abaxa?
Our technology is world class, as is our service quality and reliability. We care as much as you do that your project keeps moving, stay on time, on budget and with a thorough risk assessment to manage your Duty of Care at all times.
To confirm your choice to go ahead with our Utility Survey services or schedule a project discovery meeting, simply contact us at 1300 369 642.
You can trust Abaxa to be there on time and reduce asset risk on your project.
But don’t just take our word for it; here’s what clients are saying:
“We only use Abaxa because of expertise, full knowledge of the City and Service location. They’re very professional and willing to help with anything on site.”
(Neil Yates, Construction Supervisor at City of Perth)
“Abaxa’s set up and work method is second to none. The accuracy, speed and competent workmanship you get… and equipment they use is probably the best you can get.”
(Sid Hankinson, Construction Supervisor at Water Corporation)
The project requires management of a patrol along the Parmelia Pipeline for APA to protect people and infrastructure from a disturbance of this high pressure gas transmission pipeline.
The project required a Utility Survey to identify, locate utilities and complete a site features and utility survey to support engineering final design in a replacement plan for water mains constructed more than a century ago in Fremantle. The replacement of water mains was scheduled by the Water Corporation from August to October 2019.
For this project, Abaxa was involved with Perth’s first Smart Freeway including creation of an additional lane from Canning Highway to Narrows Bridge. The Smart Freeway will use smart technology to open and close traffic lanes in the event of an incident and adjust speed limits to get more traffic through during busy periods.