Abaxa is a leading underground locating company with ‘blue chip’ clients specialising in engineering and construction services; telecommunications; energy; water; infrastructure; and Local Government services. Check us out online: www.abaxa.com.au
Do you have a can-do attitude and a high attention to workplace safety? Abaxa are looking to find suitable individuals that want to learn a new skill and become part of our team.
The Vacuum Technician is an entry level job with on-the-job training provided by Abaxa. The work is mainly based around different locations within the metropolitan area. As part of our team, you will help in providing high quality services, safely for Construction, Utilities and Local Government work. Standard working hours are between 6am – 6pm, Monday to Friday with some weekend and night-time work.
The Vacuum Technician is responsible for driving the company vehicle to sites and conducting vacuum excavation, manual labour and use of powered and non-powered hand tools.
If interested, a Vacuum Technician can progress to a Utility Locator position within Abaxa. This progression from Vac Technician to Level 1 Locator can take approximately 12 months of on the job training.
- Valid or ability to get a Heavy Ridged Manual Driver’s License (HR),
- Ability to follow procedures and report hazards
- Present fit for work daily
- White Card – Occupational Health and Safety Training Card
- Able to get to work daily on time in own transport
- Dedicated to Safety and Quality Management of work.
- Experience working in and around construction sites.
- Relevant experience in operating Vacuum Excavation Unit
- Experience in related underground construction, civil or excavation field.
- High Pressure Jet Operation Certificate
- Traffic Management
- Concrete Saw Operation Certificate
- First Aid
- Confined Space
Applications close 30 November 2022